1. Write short outline for novella “The Girls of the World”
2. Revise first chapter of The Ruins of Love (almost finished)
3. Revise and send out flash story “Crepusculum”
4. Revise and send out poem “Silver Night Train”
5. Finish erotic story “Our Lady of the Bleachers” for anthology (due Jan. 31) (in progress)
6. Write short steampunk fable – no title yet – for Shimmer
7. Write novelette “The Engine of Desire” for horror anthology (in progress)
Even though some of these projects have submission deadlines in February and March (or are open-ended), they all need to be finished by January 30th, so I can:
8. Start writing novella “The Girls of the World” on January 31
February will be dedicated completely to the novella, and I don’t want any loose ends hanging over me while I work on it.
This isn’t really that horrible of a list, as many of the items are already underway or near completion (I should have the chapter revision finished this evening). It’s just a matter of having all my ducks in order, and not letting myself get distracted. I’ll probably post an update to this list in two weeks – I won’t be doing any kind of daily update, as I’m sure that would get tedious to read.